The winning entry in all categories will demonstrate new standards for a retrofit or refurbishment. Entries should demonstrate how the project was able to deliver a solution which gives the client a better alternative to demolition and new-build and how the scheme is a model for future similar projects. They should also show how the development contributed to energy saving and lower carbon emissions using data to evidence this where appropriate along with other evidence of best practice which could include examples of innovation, delivering the scheme on time and on budget, collaborative working, client and/or user satisfaction.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
1. First class design and successful project delivery with details of benefits delivered for clients, stakeholders and the community (as applicable)
2. Client/user satisfaction
3. Development of a strong relationship and collaboration with clients, project partners, stakeholders and the community (as applicable)
4. Demonstrably better solution than demolition/rebuild (as applicable)
5. Energy/carbon performance data
6. Innovation, where relevant
- Projects must have been completed within the time period April 2017 - May 2018
- These awards are open to UK based projects only, with the exception of the International Retrofit Project category.
- Entrants are eligible from architects, clients, building contractors, property management, developers and building proprietors and suppliers
- Projects can be either internal or external adaptations/ upgrades to existing buildings
If you have any questions on the entry process, please contact Jean-Philippe Le Coq at Jean-Philippe.LeCoq@emap.com or call +44 (0)20 3953 2682