The winning entry in all categories will demonstrate the highest standards in retrofit or refurbishment. Entries should demonstrate how the project was able to deliver a high quality design solution which gives the client a better alternative to demolition and new-build and how the scheme is a model for future similar projects. They should also show how the development contributed to energy saving and lower carbon emissions using whole life carbon data to evidence this where appropriate along with other evidence of best practice in sustainable design. You might also wish to include examples of innovation, delivering the scheme on time and on budget, collaborative working, client and/or user satisfaction.
As part of your entry, you will need to compose the following:
- Up to 500 words on why you should win the award.
- Up to 300 words on your approach to sustainable design outcomes.
- Up to 200 words on your plan for plans for post occupancy monitoring where applicable.
- 4 -6 page (max) A3 pdf file to support your entry - including plans, sections, before & after images.
- 4 images of your project.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
1. First class design and successful project delivery with details of benefits delivered for clients, stakeholders and the community (as applicable).
2. Client/user satisfaction.
3. Development of a strong relationship and collaboration with clients, project partners, stakeholders and the community (as applicable).
4. Demonstrably better solution than demolition/rebuild (as applicable).
5. Energy/whole life carbon performance data.
6. Innovation, where relevant.
- Projects must have been completed within the time period April 2019 - 16 October 2020.
- These awards are open to UK based projects only.
- Entrants are eligible from architects, clients, building contractors, property management, developers and building proprietors and suppliers.
- Projects can be either internal or external adaptations/ upgrades to existing buildings.
- Final entry deadline: 16 October 2020.
If you have any questions on the entry process, please contact Imogen Eales at Imogen.Eales@emap.com or call +4420 3953 2224